Incarcerated Children - can I claim them as exemptions?

It depends upon who furnished over 50% of the child's support. If you supplied over 50% of the child's support for the year, you can claim the child for an exemption, if not then you can not. If the child is over 18 years old and is not a student you will lose the exemption if his/her income exceeds $3,650 for the year 2009.

FAQ Menu

To contact us or return to a different page, use the links on the left hand side of this page.