If my spouse is incarcerated can I file a joint return?
(Revised November 2012)

You can still file a joint return even though your spouse is incarcerated. However, your spouse must consent to filing jointly. We suggest that you have him/her sign the return or a power of attorney authorizing you to sign for your spouse.

FAQ Menu

To contact us or return to a different page, use the links on the left hand side of this page.